Are you looking information to start a new diet and lose weight quickly? It is believed that meat diet helps to get this goal. Like many other diet plans, meat diet has its pros and cons. Let’s see why and how this specific diet plan can help you to lose a few pounds within days.
Various scientific studies have shown that a high-protein diet is able to reduce appetite and consequently to help someone lose weight. Scientists think that a high level of proteins in the blood would be able to prevent appetite-stimulating hormones from playing its role.
Meat is rich in vitamins B. Vitamins B and weight loss go hand in hand. Do you know why? Vitamins B are able to speed up the body’s metabolism. Meat such as lean beef, pork and chicken is an important dietary source of B-complex vitamins.
1) Eat much more meat. Your daily intake of proteins should make up 30% of the total amount of calories. White meat is preferable. Try to choose parts of meat poor in fat.
2) Eat 50 % less carbohydrate such as whole grains, beans, vegetables and fruits. Avoid eating white bread, white rice and pastries.
3) Reduce fat consumption to 20% of daily energy intake.
4) Eat smaller meals. It is allowed having snacks between the main meals when you feel a little bit hungry.
5) Exercise more!
1) Meat is rich in lipids and especially in saturated fat acids and cholesterol. It is believed that foods containing a high proportion of saturated fat raise the level of cholesterol in the blood stream and cause heart disease.
2) High intake of meat causes excessive uric acid and could be responsible of various diseases such as gout, rheumatism and kidney stones.
3) Almost all commercial meat is contaminated in some way by toxins, bacteria and chemicals such as synthetic growth hormones and nitrates, that can affect deeply our health and well-being.
4) Some clinical studies have shown that people who regularly consume red meat have a higher risk of colon cancer.
5) The consumption of processed meats, such as pork, beef or lamb, may significantly increase rate of prostate cancer among men of various ages.
6) Scientists have also discovered that women whose diets were rich in meat such as beef or ham are more likely to develop endometriosis.